View Single Post
Old 26-02-24, 11:02 AM   #6368
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Gripe and smile in one post. Been noticing that the lawns have been growing pretty long, ( lawns are the original solar powered thing, and just like solar in UK disappears from October to March, so does the lawn stop growing ). Problem is when the grass gets too long certain animals start to use it as a alfresco toilet, and sure enough a week ago the areas of 'scraped grass' whatever is doing it, dog, fox or local moggies ( of which we have a plague ) thinks that scraping the grass around somehow makes the sheet disappear... I decided to get the trusty Webb mower out of hibernation ( Briggs and Stratton engine but I would have preferred a Honda ). I had put some Stabil fuel stabiliser in last Autumn and some Redex... An amazing thing happened, I primed the carb and pulled the cord, and the engine fired up, only to stop again quite quickly, but i primed it again and it fired up and kept running sweetly. After I had dealt with 8 mounds of animal sheet off the lawn with a garden trowel the lawn is looking a lot better, I trimmed it down to about 2 inches long but hopefully it is a lot less attractive as a sheet depositary for the local wildlife....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote