Thread: Gsx-8R
View Single Post
Old 19-03-24, 02:02 PM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Gsx-8R

Our ride today took us near my Suzuki dealer so we popped in for me to look at the GSX-8R. I like it better than the 8S, the front end looks much neater. When I sat on one it wasn't an extreme riding position, I suppose "sport tourer" is what springs to mind.

Had it been available when I bought the "S", I would have gone for one in the (typical) Suzuki blue, not so keen on the silver although my friend liked it. I thought we also got a yellow one but not this year apparently.

I did ask what my 8S would trade in for but I would have taken a beating on it. I suspect if I was definitely in the market waiting to the end of the year would get me a better deal. As it stands, I was only offered £6100 for a 6 month old, 1600 mile bike which cost £8200. Ouch.

In other news, I ordered new tyres for the SV. Since Avons are no longer made here my loyalty faded (and they don't make the Storm 3D XM anymore anyway). I liked the Michelin Road 5 I had on the XSR700 Yam, so I thought I'd try a set on the SV.