View Single Post
Old 27-03-24, 03:04 PM   #6
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: carbon fuel tank vent cartridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i would dbbl check that it is indeed for the fuel tank breather. if not it might be part of the vacuum system.

This is the part, not specific to SV650 models, but a generic part for venting the fuel tank. In USA they have had this for a while, the fuel tank cap does not have a breather hole in it, everything going in and out of fuel tank has to pass through this can. They do give instructions to remove the can on SV650 riders forum in USA, but specify if can is removed and pipe blocked you need to fit a breather type cap to fuel tank.

If you click to second photo on the ebay site, there is another hollow stub on rear of the can, I had a look into it and there is a steel mesh inside, so obviously another exit or entrance to the can, I will try to face that downwards and will have fit a piece of hose to that as well to stop any crud getting in if i do mount it under tail tidy... I think I will bite the bullet and extend the pipes and relocate it, that wasted storage real estate is too good to miss.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/151305284179

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 27-03-24 at 03:13 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote