Thread: Number plates
View Single Post
Old 18-10-04, 02:43 PM   #26
Oneiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
Quote:
Originally Posted by M65
Mr Toad, can you post some pics please? Im thinking of getting in touch with Malplates and have a nice shadow design I want on my plate but not sure on the size of plate to go for. Dont want to take the mickey and be getting pulled every 5 mins.

Whats their service like? How quick did it arrive?
Hi, I'll post images tonight when I get home
Malplates produced the goods within the week, ie. ordered from their website on monday am, plate arrived friday morning. Service could be a bit improved - ie. I called them on the Weds to see if they'd got my order as I hadn't got a reply by email, but they had & it was all proceding OK.
I'm not sure what the font is, but it looks pretty much like the legal one, so I'm happy. The slogan at the bottom looks great as well

I initially scaled down the standard plate by 1/3, ie. converted 9*7 to be 6*4.5, thinking that this would be a reasonable reduction. WOW - when it turned up it was tiddly
So I ordered another at 7.5*5.5, and it looks great

I see people with 6*4.5 quite a lot around London (I believe Rictus has one this size , oh, er, fnar, fnar, etc), and also one liners - I would assume they don't get stopped too often or they would change plates, given the comparatively large numbers of coppers about in town.
I think I'm maybe going to keep my snowplough on over the winter but am still not sure.

Are the characters legal sizing or did you scale them as well?
Whats the Spacing between the Character and bewtween the lines?
Is they much of a gap between the characters and the edge of the plate?