View Single Post
Old 21-05-05, 06:55 PM   #1
Peter Henry

Default Brown trouser moment!

Heading my way up to meet a couple of fellow Ducati riders at the Taverna on the Ronda Road and had a bit of shock. I was travelling along smoothly,not too quick but certainly not at walking pace either. Lined her up for a left hander that goes slightly uphill in plenty of time.Breaking and gear changes well sorted,drop her in and the back end let go! It was too quick for me to do anything about and fortunately it gripped again.
It could have been down to me being spooked but I swear the back end had a very slippery kind of feel to it for the next 4 or 5 left handers also.I almost stopped to check if I had a puncture.
It really spoilt the rest of the ride as I was then a bit nervous about it. After a coffee and vitamin stick we headed off further and we were fine on the faster sweepers but I still could not get it together on the slower left handers!

I have been trying to analyse it since getting back and am just wondering if my arms were not quite as relaxed as they should be and so the counter steering affect on the bike was not as it should have been? Cant think of anything else? Got to go hit the road again tomorrow to shake it out of my system.

What are your thoughts?