View Single Post
Old 17-12-05, 07:19 PM   #1
Jools

Default How to soften the winter blow

Hey chaps and chapesses,

I am a bonifide new SVer. I just bought a new Red SV650sK5 last week and am having a blast! I wanted to get a black one (2006 doesn't come in black, just red, light blue and silver) but the deal was so good i couldn't refuse £4050 with a scottoiler fitted for free. One of the last two 2005 bikes my local dealer had, they may still have one if anyone is interested (lamba motorcycles, carshalton)

Anyway down to the point. I have only just passed my big bike go faster test in october and have been riding around on a 125 for over a year. I have to say my maintenance of my first bike a Hyosung GT125 (looks and sounds great for a 125) was not really up to scratch and i am still learning all the ins and outs of keeping a bike in good trim all though the winter. I wondered if i could pick your brains about the best solution to making winter hassle free. I am planning to fit a pyramid fender extender and hugger thanks to the info you guys have provided on this forum, but what is the best thing to do the prevent corrosion. I notice that there was a discussion about ACH-50 but i also know that scottoiler make a corrosion retardant, which is better?

Any help with winter would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jools