Thread: Which numpty?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-06, 07:47 PM   #1
mynameis

Default Which numpty?

Could n't believe it went for a ride out at the weekend came back via south Sheffield and there I find a dual carriageway with a 40 limit, and it was n't running through a residential area. I aim to stick to 30 and 40's and found I was getting overtaken by most cars. How are we supposed to respect the law when the speed limits are so inconsistent. National speed limits in residential areas and 40's in the middle of nowhere. I know some 40's are on roads with bad accident records because of a bad bend or junction. A 30 limit could be put here with plenty of warning for the hazard but why impose 40 for the 1 mile before the hazard and the miles after. So I think the term numpty is being polite. I can only assume they are saving cash on not placing additional speed limit signs. I having nothing against 30's in built up areas and think 20 is appropriate at times, but 40 on a dual carriageway the're just taking the p***. So I am afraid my respect for our governing bodies takes another blow. Yes we are governed by monkeys but sorry you knew that already. Rant over.