Thread: Caberg Duke
View Single Post
Old 14-11-16, 06:41 PM   #22
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Caberg Duke

Value for money Duke is very good, I got a white one a couple of months ago (after seeing how visible a white helmet is on other riders - and a white helmet stays cooler in the sun), bike shop fitted the pinlock and I have not had a problem with misting so far. Quieter than my AGV and less buffeting when you turn your head. Only gripe would be (and it could be my fumble fingers) is that the release button for the lifting front can be a bit challenging to find sometimes. I could happily ride my naked AL7 without earplugs until I fitted a small screen to bike, then the noise level went up, will probably take screen off during summer months. Unlike previous poster I found not enough air coming in to mouth area and I drilled couple of 6mm holes in the inner hard foam to line up with front vents, just enough air for me now (all the air seemed to be routed up across visor before and felt a bit claustrophobic without the visor open to first notch). What I like about sun visor positioning is that it is stepless and will stay in any position (sometime you don't want it fully down as you want to be able to look under lower edge to see instruments but still keep sun out of you eyes). Is very comfortable, my chin is not big enough to hit helmet unless I really make an effort to jut it out.

Safety rating and price are in no way directly connected to each other (the Duke is living proof of that). The Attached DOC file has a great graph chart of cost vs safety. Also link below to site

One thing I like about Caberg is they are made in Italy and not in the No32 peoples crash helmet factory deep in China.

http://billyscrashhelmets.co.uk/cras...-crash-helmet/
Attached Files
File Type: doc crash helmet safety ratings -1.doc (121.0 KB, 0 views)

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 17-11-16 at 01:42 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote