View Single Post
Old 15-08-10, 12:38 PM   #1
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default A PM bid for AR11

As it seems peeps are getting excited for the next one, and organisation earlier rather than later is key, I would like to be first to poke my head over the parapet to ask our lovely people to think about if they could offer anything in our very large area.

I have already spoken to the Dalesbridge centre in Austwick nr Settle this afternoon (which we used at AR07) and the nice chap said initially we would be more than welcome to come back again for AR11. On their website they even have a nice picture of some bikers on one of their fields.

http://www.dalesbridge.co.uk/accommodation/camping.htm

They are more than capable of handling a large group, as they have expanded from last time, and will be again during this winter. As I have been before, and stated in IB, it would be a perfect starting point to be looking at as a venue. I am picky about toilets, showers and generally what you get for your money...if I don't like, I won't go, simplez!
They have a few bunkhouses, large fields for campers, a bar, food, function rooms, toilets, showers, hard standing parking etc etc etc. Although he did say he wouldn't be too keen on outside catering being involved, as they do catering anyway, and should be able to do it for us. They do still allow for BBQs, but I'm not overly keen on that idea, as it has not always proved completely successful.

He did say that they are booked pretty much already for two Bank Hols in May, and also for the weekend of 24th/25th June. Food for thought later.

As you can imagine I am a very busy girl next year, but am willing to try at least show that us oop Norf are worthy of putting on a show for the forum, even if the masses decide its not where they want to be.

There have been other suggestions for Northumberland, and I ask if there is anyone with a serious head on their shoulders who would like to offer their part of the world, please put their head on the block and come forward.

We do have a large area to cover, so if there is someone in the Lakes who would like it to be there, again please come forward..and anyone else who can seriously undertake the organisation properly.

Many thanks for reading.

OVer to you people.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 15-08-10 at 12:41 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote