View Single Post
Old 03-01-11, 12:12 AM   #2633
svrich

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Thanks folks. It doesn't seem to be healing too well at the moment. It's still weeping and aches just as much so I think I'll need to have a trip to the doctors very soon. I was in the garage earlier and checked out my glove. I think if I had had it on the axe would have easily hit bone
Mav; Nice find but I'm ok with the chainsaw and felling axe, it was a small hand axe for kindling that got me. Dad did say it was nice and sharp. I should have listened to him.
Reeder; No ABBA stand. I'm going a bit A-Team and using two axle stands and a length of threaded rod, with an arrangement of large washers and nuts, through the swing arm pivot. All the bolts for the suspension linkages will be loosened before I raise it up though so there won't be any serious torque going in any direction to cause any problems
Can't wait to get it back on the road now. And as soon as I can afford it I'll be sticking some new front springs in too. I'll be going for some linear ones (0.9 I think) and correctly weighted oil. All ready for Snetterton when it is relaunched Anyone else interested in looking out for an EAR track session?

Last edited by svrich; 03-01-11 at 12:21 AM.