View Single Post
Old 25-01-19, 11:55 AM   #6
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: Alex Salmond and abuse cases

There's always the debate about whether people accused should be named before even a charge is made. A very tricky one, I know the arguments both ways, but in this day mud sticks, you'll never clear your name if it has been spread across the media (tabloid and otherwise). The mainstream media, TV radio papers etc, just love something salacious, certain radio show presenters pretend it's in the public interest but in reality they're just sniggering schoolboys.
I can't say I'm a fan of Salmond, but that goes for many folk in public office these days I'm afraid (they speak highly of me). However, I'll take no opinion on this case until it is at least heard. I really don't understand why such things go through some sort of internal (sic) review before going to the police, if it's potentially a criminal issues then it goes to the police, simple. The churches seem to think they can filter such things too.
As said by others, the Yewtree cases have been deplorable in some instances, that really isn't my idea of justice at work, and we all know about the police and prosecution failing to reveal evidence to defence counsel in similar cases.