Thread: News
View Single Post
Old 14-05-19, 02:23 PM   #4
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: News

Right, my Ago story.

In 1999 me and my dad went to Elvington for an evening talk by Ago, Jim Redman and Phil Read about their GP days.

A collector had brought along John Surtees' 1958 World Championship winning MV 500-four to display, and the idea was that Ago was going to ride it into the venue. I cottoned onto this so me and my dad went outside to listen to the MV fire up. When we got there, there was just Ago and the bike's owner.

So my dad and I shook hands with Ago and my dad had a little chat with him. Then the owner asked if we'd help push-start the bike as he had a dodgy knee. Well, we didn't need asking twice.

We pushed about 5 steps, Ago dumped the clutch and bounced on the seat, and the BARK as it chimed in on all four was awesome, followed by the growl of the revs as he blipped it to keep her running.

I can still picture it like it was yesterday - my dad walking behind the MV with a grin like a 10-year-old as Ago revved and paddled it into the venue, the exhaust blast blowing my dad's hair out of place. Believe me, an unsilenced 50s GP bike sounds effing lovely in a hallway
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote