Thread: Risky business?
View Single Post
Old 31-12-20, 02:57 PM   #4
Ruffy

Default Re: Risky business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
In its infinite wisdom (ho ho ho) the government are thinking of changing the vaccination strategy such that the second shot will be 12 weeks after the first instead of the 21 days recommended by the manufacturer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/expe...0-12?r=US&IR=T

I'm not an anti vaxxer but this makes me nervous. Given the government's handling of the pandemic do you now trust this new plan? It strikes me that it's a knee-jerk panic reaction.
I not sure I was ever clear what the initial overall plan was. I certainly don't trust any hastily adjusted component that may be issued.

I guess it depends whether you agree with the hypothesis that mass vaccination is the only way to de-restrict society. Individual dosing strategy aside, has there been anything issued on the society-scale plan - for example, do we have to wait until everyone is vacinnated before widespread restrictions are lifted and we can get back to some semblance of 'normality'? Or will it be 10%, 50%, 80% of population treated, or some other measure like case threshold, hospital admissions, random cabinet guffawing volume ... ?
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote