View Single Post
Old 12-05-09, 10:55 AM   #10
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: London Driving - Can I use ALL bus lanes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
As if riding a bike you are not used to and commuting into Central London isn't enough to contend with.......I thought all of them were game on. No wonder I was the only bike in them last night through Jamaica Road - Rotherhithe. Whoooops!
Doesn't mean you were in the wrong - most part-time bus lanes are empty even out of hours of operation - people see the BUS LANE paint and assume that is always a bus lane - the penalty for getting the hours wrong is way too high.

I rode from Oval to Streatham the other day outwith the A23 bus lane times and was the only vehicle (other than buses) in them, despite the lanes being available to all traffic.

Part-time Bus Lanes ADD to congestion in my opinion, Buses cant use them during commuting time because they are filled with cycles and then when they are not in operation they STILL take up 50% of the available road space and leave it unusable due to fear of fines/the fact that a part time lane can go from part-time to full-time just by crossing a junction.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote