View Single Post
Old 11-12-14, 03:36 PM   #1
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Default Stretchie on tour

I'm off to Somerset this weekend for a wedding so thought I could mix it in with seeing a couple of mates I've not seen for a while so it's become a road trip.

Then I though, well, the bar muffs are on and it's got a decent light now... Might as well take the 125 and give it the 'Tour Test'

So here's the plan:

It's only 180ish miles but I've not done that kind of mileage on it before, I do an 11.5 mile route twice a day, to and from work so this should be good, don't want to sit on motorways but will use a little bit of them where it'll help out

Leg 1
Saturday, from Gloucester to Wincanton - 73 miles
Down the A48 and across the old bridge, I believe I can go across the foot bridge part on a 125 which will be quite cool.
Then at Aust it's on to the back roads, through Tockington and on to the A38 which I will follow to Horfield, then jump on the M32 into Bristol and off towards and past Fowlers (maybe stop in for a brekkie) and carry on to the A37 until Shepton Mallet, then B3081 through Evercreech and Bruton and into Wincanton where a BBQ and beers await me

Leg 2
Sunday just Wincanton back up to Shepton, then off to a wedding for celebrations - 14 miles

Leg 3
Monday morning, Shepton - Weston Super Mud - 37 miles
Leave Shepton - North on A37 then peel off up the B3135 to take me through Cheddar Gorge, then Winscombe and in to Weston, stop for a bit of lunch with matey boy

Leg 4
Monday Afternoon Weston to Gloucester - 59 miles
Leave Weston and head up the A370 towards Bristol but take a left at Flax Burton and head through Portbury and on to the motorway northbound at Gordano for one junction and back off after the bridge and around the outside of the industrial estate, past Severn Bridge and over the M49, over the M4 and follow the A403 to Aust, then back over the old bridge and up the A48 home.

Any guesses as to how long it may take? I'm well excited, don't really go out on recreational rides much any more

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote