View Single Post
Old 06-07-08, 09:58 PM   #26
MR UKI (1)

Default Re: Who's Travelling Furthest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Funny story about the trip down. Well I think it's funny anyway.

We (7 bikes - me, John, Daryl, Quiffy, Mr UKI1 (Paul) Mac608 and Stewie) got stuck in traffic in Hereford. We were looking for a caff to stop at. I thought there'd be somewhere in the town centre so turned left but no luck, so then turned right to head out of town, only the road didn't lead back to the A49, it went off to Ledbury. So, me leading, I turned right up a residential street only to get completely lost in this rabbit warren of narrow streets that went nowhere.

Desperate to find away out we just got hopelessly lost, turned into a narrow street that led into some allotments. Only, we passed a Pentecostal church where a funeral was taking place. The mourners were mainly all inside, with the undertaker's staff stood outside in black suits waiting for the official cars to arrive, only they didn't. Instead, seven very noisy bikes came down the street only to turn round and come roaring back up. By now the funeral cars were about to arrive but the street was that narrow they couldn't get past to park outside the church until we got out the way. We really didn't mean to be disrespectful...
Ooops, I didn't realise it was a funeral, I honestly thought it was a wedding. Wondered why they looked at me funny when I nodded to a couple of them!