View Single Post
Old 18-08-16, 08:53 AM   #60
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: The trackday thread.

I had this at Mallory the other week. Inters was full so I booked into novice. Maybe I shouldn't have done but I'm normally in the slowest 10% of inters and am happy to adjust my riding to suit the group.

There was one guy, who was on an SV (hello if you're on here). Obviously first track day and not very confident and was pretty slow. This shouldn't be a problem if everyone else was around the same level and overtook him in turn where it was safe to do so.

The problem was people such as myself would queue up behind him then you'd get the Rossi wannabees who also couldn't get into inters either, come shooting past the whole queue hard on the brakes going into the hairpin trying to overtake everyone in one go.

You'd have thought the on track instructors would have seen this and had a word? No. They were the worst culprits.

When I go to track days I'm just there for fun but some people take it way to seriously and an instructor, who is a seasoned racer, isn't going to understand some people don't care about lap times.

Luckily there were no accidents and everyone went home safe but I for one had to make a few evasive manoeuvres to keep it that way.