View Single Post
Old 07-06-18, 04:19 PM   #9
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wrong Choice. New '18 SV650.

Congratulations and good choice - testers say the SV looks a bit dated but if it ain't broke why fix it, the twin spark SV engine from Gladius onwards is a beautiful thing, with good mpg and so slim (good news for us who are compromised / challenged in the leg department.

Get a front fender extender (Pyramid) just to stop stones hitting radiator (standard front mudguard is a joke, like many these days), and preferably a 'Seeker' front mudflap ( I want one) !

Hugger is optional as there is a flap covering rear linkages but I fitted one anyway (Pyramid Plastics carbon fibre look) because I like the look.

Also fitted an MRA screen but wind noise in helmet was horrendous as it shoved all the turbulent air up to helmet level, chopped 70mm of the upturned top of screen off and noise was better but still not as good as pre-screen level, to be honest the shaped headlamp cowl does a good job of deflecting wind anyway, and I still got as many kamikazie insects hitting helmet visor as there were before the screen, so off it came much quieter....

The first thing I added to my 2016 AL7 was a couple of 10watt LED spotlights from Alchemy motorcycle parts - they are more like Daytime running lights and are excellent for stopping cagers pulling out on you as they are very hard to ignore, just a couple of straight brackets held by mirror hold down bolts - I think they have probably saved me from dozy cagers a few times, but of course I will never really know....

There are some pictures of my AL7 just past halfway down on page 5 of this thread (after I chopped top off the MRA screen) can see fender extender, hugger and spotlights and some handguards, also sprayed the silencer heatshield black and also blackened the exhaust pipes to make them disappear (high temp black paint).

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...tlights&page=5

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 07-06-18 at 07:01 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote