View Single Post
Old 12-04-12, 10:43 AM   #1
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Helmets in the Paddock

It's quite common to see people riding round the paddocks or riding to noise testing without any helmet or protection at all.
I didn't put one on when I went to get noise tested at Cadwell last weekend.

However a bloke doing the same thing everyone else does was on his way up to noise testing at Snetterton on Monday managed to come off his bike and hit his head on the concrete in the paddock. Unfortunately he died from his injuries even after having immeidiate medical attention from the paramedics at the track and being air lifted to hospital.

According to eye witnesses he wasn't messing about and wasn't going fast. He just gave a small bits of revs whilst turning a corner and the rear slipped and pushed him off.

Just thought I'd share this to anyone doing trackdays in future and give them something to think about when they start to ride the bike around the paddock with or without a helmet.

I'm not saying people should wear helmets and certainly not preaching either way but if you are going to ride without a helmet then just be mindful of your speed, the people around you and anything that may pop out in front of you.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote