Thread: The SV
View Single Post
Old 12-09-20, 10:09 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default The SV

I took the SV out this morning and it was like a breath of fresh air. The MT09SP and to a lesser extent the Z900RS are drama queens. The MT demanded you rode fast, do fast up shifts - it had great brakes but didn't want to go slow, down shifts were harsh and comfort? hah! it spat in the eye of comfort.
The Z900RS demands precision, you must declutch and shift with the exact synchronisation and it will give you a smooth gear change. This, of course, excludes the 5th to 6th and 6th to 5th which will always "clunk" (it afflicts some bikes - mine being one - there's no fix). Don't get me started on slipper clutches, they can slip right off in my opinion.
So, the SV - it's motors along, slowly or quickly - you want to change gear - sure I'll do that it says, no problem - you enjoy the ride I'll take care of everything. Which brings me to the question; why aren't all bikes like this?
It's an inexpensive bike but it just works, no drama. I've owned 15 or so bikes and this is still my choice as the best one. Thanks Suzuki.