Thread: SV650 Trackbike
View Single Post
Old 21-12-09, 08:47 PM   #2
fastdruid
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650 Trackbike

1) Depends on budget, GSXR shock is better than std but not a patch on a proper shock.
2) If not racing it then sell the original frontend and buy a USD frontend, do it right and it'll cost you nothing. If you have any plans to race it ever then go for emulators.
3) GSXR bodywork can be made to fit, cheap and easy to get hold of, downside is to get it to really fit needs some work[1].
4) Personal preference but I like D209 Qualifier RR's
5) Yes go for the 520 but actual gearing depends on track, I have mine (~80bhp@rw) geared down so it hits 10k in top down park.
6) Depends on if you're planning on going racing, I have OSF ones but just for racing simple cheap ones are better (plus mine don't have the rounded ends required).
7) Pass but even with 72hp the SV is plenty fun.
Pass, we have a two bike trailer.

Other things are weight, weight and weight, lose the steel subframes and heavy junk the bike comes with as std. Run a battery pack rather than a battery and you'll lose even more. I'd advise *not* to go total loss, just more to go wrong and with EFI you need it for the pump etc.

Get some decent crash bungs, dunno about the pointy but the tank touches down on the curvy without crash bungs... I'd also advise fork and swingarm bobbins, with the right fork ones you can prevent the rims touching.

Then go out and have fun!

Druid

[1] I took about 4 inches out of the belly pan!