View Single Post
Old 31-05-18, 06:48 PM   #5
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV not running right

right an update.

I stripped and cleaned the carbs for third time, still no difference. There's definitely no splits pipes. Inlet rubbers are in good condition. There doesn't seem to be an exhaust leak that I can feel. It pops with both the standard can and stubby can on. Riding wise it accelerates nicely as it should and cruising its nice and smooth but when the throttle is shut and slowing to a stop, the throttle seems to run high and it pops on deceleration.

I've put a second set of carbs on and it still pops and runs the practically the same. Coughs abit when throttling up past 6k but those carbs have been sat for ages so I need to ride up and down the road to clear them.

Oddly my speedo move's occasionally even though the bike is stationery and my speedo is on magnets due to the gsxr front end, not sure what thats about but maybe I have some sort of ignition issue which might explain the occasional dropping of a cylinder? Only thing I've touched electrical wise is remove the heated grips and I put a new lithium battery in because the old PB was dead, but off the top head the voltage and amps were the same.

I haven't checked the plugs of leads yet.

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 31-05-18 at 06:49 PM.
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote