View Single Post
Old 16-05-05, 06:35 AM   #55
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SV
1) What are they like towards the end of their lives? Once they get towards the end of it, do they turn a bit squiffy (technical term). I'm used to Bridgestones which maintain their riding qualities throughout their lives.
Not bad at all. Obviously after now 10k miles, they're a bit squared off, so tipping into corners can be an interesting experience. The reduced contact patch when they're squared off also isn't pleasant, but it's worse than any other tyre once it's like that.

Quote:
2) Anyone done a trackday on them yet? How did they cope?
Not me.
Quote:
3) Anyone done many miles on them in the proper depth's of winter? I've had experiences where tyres can have fine grip in warm wet weather, yet be attrocious in cold or cold and damp conditions.
I put these tyres on in December or so, so they've spent alot more time in the cold and wet than they have in the dry.
I'd say they perform pretty well. Despite my front conti being worn and the rear 020 being pretty good, the back end was still sliding a long time before the front started.

Obviously these tyres can't really be compared with something properly sticky, and I wouldn't want anybody to get these on the assumption that they were fantastically grippy. For a sports touring tyre they do bloody well and they still last a while.