View Single Post
Old 13-09-10, 11:02 AM   #10
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: DOH!!!! 3 points and £60 fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
In todays modern society a SP30 and three points is the norm and my insurance company don't penalise you to any great extent for this.
Try being a younger driver with little experience, it can affect premiums a great deal

Sucks you got stung mate, but glad it's "only" an SP30 and not something spicier... Have you checked what your insurance may be on the car? Bearing in mind it'll jump once you pass your test - Not sure how they weight it combined with age and experience but I thought I'd got caught a few years back, probably 22/23 with 5/6yrs driving and the premium went up by ~10% - about £50 at the time, the jump was much higher when I was starting out but I was also young and stupid. Car insurers definitely seem to be harsher than bike insurers when it comes to ramping up the premium for little things...

Edit: had a mosey on over to your profile... I thought you were 10/15yrs younger dude, seriously, must be the afternoon naps - I reckon you'll be fine on the insurance front as you certainly don't fit the typical new driver profile
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...

Last edited by the_lone_wolf; 13-09-10 at 11:05 AM.
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote