View Single Post
Old 16-03-08, 08:46 PM   #7
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default Re: .org Scuba Divers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba1 View Post
I have used Scubapro as the regs of choise for the dive centre that I used to own. Avoid aqualung like the plague. I myself use Poseidon 500 but they are a bit heavy but you can use them from both sides, so it does not matter on what side you carry your occy. I use a long hose on my main reg 210cm of it and hand that over to the buddy,but that is a matter of choice also. I don?t know where your diving will take youbut have you considered getting a wing and backplate instead of a BCD as thosethings will grow with your diving and I find them a lot more comfortable then a BCD, also the wing is modular and if something breaks, you can just change that part of it and don?t have to bin the whole thing. If on the other hand you just want to do the odd dip when on holls, anything goes, whatever you get, keep it clean and it will last a lot longer.

ATB

Michael
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply! I am only newly qualified so am looking to buy my first equipment. I know the initial cost outlay is quite high, so I'm looking to spend a little bit more, rather thin skimp as it is a one off. It's hard to say how much diving I'll be doing but, I would imagine quite a lot which will increase in the future.

The idea of a wing and backplate sounds pretty interesting, especially because you can replace parts. I hae had a look around but can't find out much info on manufacturers and stuff - can you point me in the right direction, so I can do some reading?

Thanks
Luke
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote