View Single Post
Old 01-10-15, 10:44 AM   #1
K5Rider

Default Avon Storm 3D X-M

Anybody else used or using the Storm 3D X-M ?

Apparently designed for heavy more powerful sport bikes, but my K5 fully faired 'S' came fitted with a new set when I bought it a couple of months ago.

Certainly they feel really grippy in the dry, I'm too scared to push them in the wet.

I use my bike most days and have done just over 2500 miles on it. The tyres still look new with no squaring from commuting. Maybe I ride leaned over all the time ?

My only gripe with these tyres is I can feel a little squirming at times. When accelerating hard or braking hard it feels like the tyres are flexing a bit more than I'm used to. Pressures are 33psi front and 37psi rear which I think is the Suzuki recommended pressures.

Previously rode a K8 faired Bandit and never felt squirming, but then it had tyres made from Bakolite and I was scared to lean too far in case the bike weight pulled me over !!

Would I buy them when I'm due tyre replacement ?
Hard to say, but probably would.

Certainly when it's dry and warm the tyres feel great when doing country road strafing runs.
In the cold and wet, I take it easy, but not had any 'moments'.
So far they seem to be lasting very very well with no visible signs of wearing, but I think they may not be suited to the SV....or maybe my riding.

Last edited by K5Rider; 01-10-15 at 10:46 AM.