View Single Post
Old 24-11-20, 09:44 AM   #1935
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
The worst thing about fitting a bathroom is the tiling
I'm not even there yet. Moved a wall to put in a shower cubicle, still working out the wastage, had to move the rad, toilet, weird 70's massive hot tub esque bath being replaced so also needs new wastage - picked recessed taps which was stupid. Along the way I've found the floorboards had disintegrated and ceiling was falling in, so boarded the ceiling (which was fun on my own with no floor or lights) and replaced the entire floor with WSB Ply. The hot/cold water supply was also run like ****, they obviously didn't own a pipe bender so there was like 8 elbows to get the pipe pointing in the approximate direction which I replaced with two bends and elimitated the boxing in.
Walls are back to brick (and are wierdly missing many bricks and a lot of pointing and one wall isn't tied to anything - so more to do there), decided I've got to get the walls boarded before chasing tap locations etc incase the walls being out of whack moves them. I've got the plumbing to approx locations now atleast. It is a job that has absolutely snowballed and I'm having to learn pretty quick...or maybe this is just standard stuff the experts have to put up with.

Last edited by Dave20046; 24-11-20 at 09:47 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote