Thread: Bonus Payment
View Single Post
Old 01-12-08, 04:45 PM   #1
lily

Default Bonus Payment

The company I work for is suffering currently like most companies.

We made 50 people redundant during October.

It was our year end 30th November, which is always followed by a Bonus and salary review. This year no different the salary review sheets have gone and and come back and most people are getting a 3% increase in salary and no bonus.

There are some cases that are getting a bonus however, such as my boss, after being told out-right that she would receive no bonus from the FD, received the sheet back for us to process in payroll/ HR to find she has a 5% bonus.

She called me and my colleague into a meeting this afternoon and said that she had got down to two choices

1. refuse the bonus on principal
2. except the bonus only on the basis that she can write a cheque for me and my colleague for a third each.

Now i know this seems like a mad thing to ask but do I accept......... the company must feel a reason to not give me a bonus, I'm happy with a pay rise as it continues rather than a one off payment of a bonus.

Both myself and my colleague have told her that we will beat her if she does not except the bonus, but neither of us have given her an answer on the being given a third.

I don't know what to do!