View Single Post
Old 08-01-18, 10:03 AM   #1
Duke

Default SV650 K6S wiring diagram required.

This last weekend I spent chasing wiring faults.

The initial issue was that the indicators stopped working but the hazard lights were OK. This led me to the handlebar switch loom connectors under the headstock. These were very corroded and needed cleaning and some soldering of links across the worst joints. The ignition switch (green) connector was fine.
Once disturbing the connectors more faults appeared – no headlights and front brake switch. – more inspection and cleaning.
The final fault was – Starter circuit failure, when pressing the starter button the headlights go out and the engine does not turn.
This was traced to the clutch interlock, the relevant female socket in the LHS connector had corroded so much that the “spring” part had gone completely. So, I cut the wires off the connector the loom side and soldered them together, shorting out the clutch interlock.
All now sorted!

The wiring diagram I have is from the 2003 Service manual, but my K6S is different in some areas. So far, I have discovered that I have a 10-way connector on the RHS handlebar switch rather than an 8 way and my bike has two fuel level sensors, rather than one. Also, some wire colours are different.

Is there a UK model K6S wiring diagram available, this would be really useful?

I would like to fix the fuel level indicators that stopped working correctly some miles ago, it just flashes very quickly on low, where it used to flash slowly first, then some miles later flash very quickly. I have previously had the fuel pump out of the tank and confirmed that the fault is not in the tank sensors, so the fault must be in the loom or connectors, but I stopped hunting for the fault due to lack wiring diagram.

This is an everyday commuter ride, come sun, rain or snow, now with 50K miles on the clock.

Thanks

Duke
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote