View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 10:53 AM   #1056
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
could have taken it from the sidelight before the bulb. its what i used to use before the gizmo.

also with DC electrics you dont need a 'ground' (negative) fixing. you just need to create a 'daisy chain' on the live. its only when attaching direct to the battery you need to attach a negative. cut the feed wire and put the positive on the feed end and the negative on the other end of the wire.

Erm, sorry Bibs, you lost me in that bit about DC electrics... I can remember my high school physics lessons where we built simple circuits but that's the limit to my knowledge.

I did look for a feed in the headlight bezel but the cables are well hidden and had little room for my ham-fisted adjustments. The horn was close by (I snipped off half the cable length that came in the TT kit) and meant I did not alter any of the stock cables at all.

It may not be the most elegant solution but it works just fine. Have to admit, you would certainly have been getting a PM from me if it all went pear shaped as we all know you're the main man for things like this.