Thread: led indicators
View Single Post
Old 12-04-21, 09:48 PM   #1
rob1

Question led indicators

So, i had the joys of fitting my givi pannier rack, where i needed to relocate my indicators, whilst i found some bike it lights which appear to do the job i think there are some power draw issues as they sometimes flash fast, then slow down, all bulbs are intact.

I guess the real question is i have mis matched lights and would like to simply replace all 4 indicators to shiney new LED's. From what ive seen from online doing this will cause the lights to flash very quickly and I either go down the resister route, or replace a relay.

From what ive seen the resister route is risky and not recommended, so im wondering if anyone knew what I need to buy to achieve this slower blinking rate for LED indicators, is it one size fits all or do i need to choose something based on what brand LED indicators i go for?

Next I guess i need to know where this relay is located, is it simple unplug and replace?

I did see somewhere that the front indicators are different to the rear and need a different style connector leads to the back, think its some kind of 3 pin style?

any other thoughts or recommendations?
rob1 is offline   Reply With Quote