View Single Post
Old 31-07-06, 12:40 PM   #1
Daimo

Default BTCC Donnington + VXR meet pics

This sunday we had a VXR - 888 owners club meet at Donnington. All of us met up and then drove in colour co-ordinated cars into the circuit.

I woke up at 5am, up and ready and out the door at 5.50am to my mums to pickup a ticket that i'd left. Onto the M25 and M1, perfectly clear, stuck at road legal limits obviously.....

Got up to Donnington, met up with the others, all drove into the circuit. Now i've not been to DP before so was really looking forward. WOW, HOW SMALL is the cicuit grounds!!! Never realise the spectator areas were so small (compared to Brands, Silverstone, Snetterton etc). It just seems so basic up there, reminds me of Brands in the 80's lmao . I understand why its a favourites for the MotoGP.

Anyway, basicially, it was a lovley day, lots of incidents, small bit of rain at the end of the day but a wicked day out. I really do love Donnington Park, some great spectator viewing points.

The M1 sucks with its roadworks, but god bless good sat nav systems and a free flowing ride all the way back to Kent....

I've got some video clips of the BTCC, Form BMW, Form Renault, Porkie GT cup etc on teh first laps which i'll upload tonight.

Oh, and I think it may be time to invest in a "proper" camera instead of the Sony Cibershot thing we currently use lmao

How many Astras????

We had loads fo VXR Monaros, Mk4 Astra 888's Mk5 Derv 888's, Vectra VXR's etc as well.

130+ ish...... Coming into a corner? Get out my way punk lmao

Errrr, which one was ours again?

VX220 and VXR220...

Monaros (nice Supercharged on there)

HSV's

Veccys

Mk4 888's

More images at.....

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/gener...gton_btcc_and/