View Single Post
Old 11-08-17, 04:50 PM   #18
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: SMIDSY (Sorry mate I DID see you) - Insurance advice?

Thanks RH informative as per.

My dad did give his details, the receipts bear both parties' Registrations. The guy was completely uninjured at the scene, though I understand it takes a few conversations on the telephone with various 0800 numbers before you know whether whiplash has actually set in.
The police have seen the receipt, so know details were exchanged so I would argue they should stop their involvement as the legislation has already been complied with. But I see why they are doing (in genuine circumstances it would be valuable, and they don;t want to get wrapped up in the ins & outs).

In terms of young probationer, no such luck. He was pleasant enough and had remarked at how dodgy the whole situation seemed, but when I explained the motorcyclist was quite afraid of police involvement on the day and asked if he could be kind enough to check the insurance database on that date he was quite defensive "well that's my job to do"..."er...yeah, please". Think he was just touchy he hadn't already had chance to do it.