View Single Post
Old 07-05-20, 01:34 PM   #1
Lgarton99

Default Dropped SV and Issues

Hi all,

I'm new here so take it gently! I passed my A2 test in February and bought a lightly used SV650s K6 with a throttle restriction.

Being in lockdown, I haven't had loads of time to still get used to the bike but today I took it out to deliver some paperwork for the NHS and ended up slipping out on some gravel whilst doing a U-turn

The bike landed on the exhaust side, threw petrol over the place and whilst I got out from underneath it it cut itself. Once upright it said CHEC on the dash but started ok and had no warning lights on. It rode ok on the way home but I thought it sounded slightly noisier than usual but I'm not sure if thats just me being nervous after dropping it.

Would dropping it and then the bike killing itself run anything out of oil quick enough to do any significant damage internally? The oil level is all ok and theres no more leaks/ warning lights but in my head I'm sure it sounded ever so slightly louder so I just wanted to pick everyones brains just so I know it should all be ok internally!

Cheers guys,
Lloyd
Lgarton99 is offline   Reply With Quote