View Single Post
Old 02-02-18, 06:27 PM   #40
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: The running thread.

It does look nice in your part of the world.
Having just run my 5 mile loop in the pitch black I can conclude that I like that light.
Even if it doesn't help keep away thoughts of the Blair Witch whilst running through a wood on your own in the dark. It did however stop me tripping over everything.
It had the benefit of making my jacket really glow. Yeah I couldn't have hidden from the witch even if I'd tried.

So to review it.
£19.00, including postage and batteries. Bargain.
Fits really well, once you've actually adjust it properly. Easy to operate. Rear light is really bright.
Front main beam is really good for running speeds would struggle at pushbike speeds, but then it's not designed for that.
In the real world it's not epic bright, but then you'd just dazzle everyone. At one point in total darkness I wished it cast a beam just a little further (I was running down a very muddy hill).
My only slight negative and it doesn't really put me off loving this light. Is that the light beam is a little flat, it lights objects up, but doesn't really give depth to them. However a field of mud is still a field of mud even with depth.
So for £19.00 it's worth every penny.
Got to test the waterproofing too as it ****ed down.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote