View Single Post
Old 12-01-15, 02:24 PM   #1
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Default Personal Injury Claim – Roughly what to expect

Hi All,

I had a motorcycle accident in Sept 2014 caused 100% by the third party. I have been dealing with their insurers directly as they have been very amenable and generous regarding expenses, hire bike, motorbike valuation and providing injury treatment. This has been great as I have not had to engage a solicitor and therefore get to keep the full amount of my claim.

The accident caused a small amount of injury, namely I had lots of bruising to my right side and muscle spasms in my lower back and shoulder. The muscle spasms were not that serious in that after taking Dr prescribed anit-inflammatory drugs and codamine I was still up and about and in only minor pain. That said it has taken 4 months and 6 Physio treatments to get rid of the pain completely and it has impacted my home renovation project as I could not plaster my walls with my bad shoulder.

I am about to put in the request to the insurers for personal injury, but before I do so I want to gauge roughly what sort of value the claim should be so that I can negotiate with confidence. Worst case I do have a solicitor who has already accepted the case, but having signed nothing with them, I can weigh up what compensation I am offered directly vs the compensation (minus the fees) that I would get with a solicitor.

If you have had, or know of people that have had similar types of injury, bruises and muscle spasms – could you let me know roughly what the compensation was (before taking into account the legal fees).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jon

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote