View Single Post
Old 21-07-10, 07:17 AM   #8
ryanh1418

Default Re: Help!! Clonking/knocking SV650S-Y. F/Sprocket? Rear Wheel?

Right, night shift number one out of the way, now back to this little gem! Thanks for the time taken to read and reply so far guys. With the rear wheel side of things, I only removed it yesterday, not during the original repair (replacing the oil seal) which only required the chain being slackened and lifted off the sprockets, so I don't see how any of the innards of it could have fallen out/been misplaced at that time - the knocking was there on the first test ride. I suppose it's feasible that the bearing could have imploded DURING the test ride but surely that's unlikely on a short gentle plod.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I could have cocked up/forgotten as far as removing and replacing the front sprocket? I've considered all the obvious stuff like too tight, too loose, backwards, inside out etc!

If I go back to square one and re-remove and replace the f/s and nothing changes, how much of a job is it to renew the rear wheel bearing/s? It may well be in the Haynes but that's locked up in the garage and I need sleep!

Thanks again so far - Ryan