View Single Post
Old 29-04-14, 10:36 PM   #15
sputnik

Default Re: Pirelli Angel GT fitted

Got to say I'm liking the Angel GTs too. Surprised more people aren't commenting on them but I guess they are still relatively new. I probably have about 2000 miles on them now. I had the STs on before which I quite liked and gave me mega mileage (10k on the rear, yes, really, albeit squarer than a Rubik's cube by then!) and reasonable confidence wise but the Gts deffo feel better.

I was surprised that the gts didn't have as noticeable a new tyre feel as you usually get and have a very gentle drop in, I think probably because the profile is relatively flat. But so far grip feels good in all conditions and cornering feels good. My nerves twitch long before the tyres do (sigh).

I think the biggest thing I've noticed is the fact that they feel grippy and good to go as soon as you get on the bike. Almost all previous tyres have felt like they need a bit of warmth and a few miles before they really grip properly. With these, the first roundabout of the day is no longer squeeky bum time, even in cold weather.

Be interested to see how they shape up once the mileage gets up but happy so far and reasonably priced for £220 a pair, ride in ride out.