View Single Post
Old 27-06-12, 04:54 PM   #62
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Test ride challenge

Test 12 - 2012 Suzuki GSX1250F 18 Miles
Total Mileage 346

When getting off the SV and saying I wasn't that impressed the dealer said "we have a GSX1250F demo here if you want to take that out"

Well okay then.

I had never really been interested in these before as it's just a faired Bandit but took it for a ride anyway.

I am not a fan of normal handlebars, i think clipons feel much more natural. However the ones on the GSX made it so easy to manoeuvre at slow speeds and the more upright seating position gives a much better view.

Around town the bike was so smooth, no need to use 1st just sit in second all the time.

On the open road I was really surprised, this thing shifts! There is torque everywhere in the rev range, it's not savage, pull your arms off fast like my Fireblade was it just effortlessly accelerates to silly speeds.

Handling wise it seemed perfect for the crappy pot holed roads. It's not razor sharp, but it will handle bends well and soak up the bumps at the same time.

Wind protection wasn't as good as I would have hoped, but this could probably be fixed with a touring screen and the footpegs seemed really low. I was scared I would grind them at every bend, but I didn't so the clearance can't be that bad.

The best thing about this bike is the price, it didn't do anything worse than the VFR 1200 and it costs 4 grand less.

Another thing I should mention is that that bazuka can isn't just for show. The bike is pretty much silent, which is a bit strange when doing double the speed limit.

Last edited by L3nny; 27-06-12 at 04:55 PM.
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote