View Single Post
Old 26-06-07, 05:30 PM   #1
LouLou

Talking DAS update...happy bunny!!

Hello everybody! Well after my previous trials and tribulations things are finally looking up Struggled to get out of bed this morning because I was feeling so p'd off about everything and really wasn't looking forward to today's training BUT...

I didn't drop the bike today!

I had my first go on the big bike...I didn't drop that one either!

Yay! I don't HAVE to drop bikes after all

Everything seemed to go really well, my instructor let me try out an older model CG125 and I could actually get my feet flat down, only problem was the kick start which I just couldn't get the hang of. I ended up back on my regular bike but I'm feeling a lot more confident so I got on loads better even tho I can only just get the balls of my feet down.

The big bike was actually a little bit lower than the 125 and felt more stable which was a bonus...the position of the foot pegs seemed a lot further back than on the CG so it was a bit weird changing gear for the first time...I'm having a little bit of trouble changing up a gear sometimes and I have to try a couple of times but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it...the only real worry I've got is doing a wobbly u-turn and dropping the bike but practise makes perfect so hopefully I'll get there!

After my little cornering incident I'm a bit wary of the bends on the narrower roads we're riding on but I guess that's a confidence thing and I suppose it's to be expected after my off...will get over it in time!

The back roads were terrible today, covered in gravel and silt and bits of trees...I can't believe the weather we've been having lately...need some more sunshine!!

All in all I've had a good day!!