View Single Post
Old 28-12-18, 05:08 PM   #8
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: 1979 Suzuki X5 Long term rebuild

Came home from work today & found that another couple of items had dropped through the letterbox. The correct kickstart & a pair of fork reflectors, so, after going food shopping with the missus, I headed off into my leaky shed to play.

The kickstart was plug & play, so a quick tap with a mallet & tighten a screw, it's on

Next on the agenda was lowering the front mudguard. It didn't take me too long to re drill 4 holes a little further down the ribs & check to see what it looked like. In my opinion, a lot better. It could go lower still, but I think it looks right now. I took the grinder to the excess webbing & ground it to tidy it up.

The last part today were the fork reflectors. I ordered 2 from China for £2.20 delivered. When I opened the packaging, there were 2 PAIRS in the bag. So I had 4 reflectors for £2.20 delivered from China, how on earth is that possible?
I did have a slight problem as the screws on the reflectors were 6mm & the holes in the yoke are 5mm. I took a reflector apart to see how they were made & it had a screw bonded into the plastic. I used my grinder to get rid of the excess plastic, removed the screw & replaced it with a 5mm one. I screwed it into the yoke & replaced the reflector top. It's as good as new
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote