Thread: Crossrail
View Single Post
Old 22-02-19, 10:32 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Crossrail

Anybody watch the BBC documentary? This is the update that covers the delays. They extended the opening by a year and now they are saying it's doubtful they will be able to make the new deadline.

I like to see some of the technical challenges they have to overcome although installing the main power cable to Tottenham Ct Rd station after the station was nearly finished and pulling it through by hand (or rather a team of hands) seemed crude. I would have thought it would have made more sense to install it earlier.

What I didn't like was, because of the delays, the £15 billion pound railway is now the £17 billion pound railway. At that price everyone should at least get a brick installed with each of our names on it. I hope the London commuters enjoy their new railway (eventually) that the country has paid for.

...meanwhile, on the other end of the budget spectrum we have the Pacer train which may be kept in service a little longer; 2020, although Northern Rail admitted they haven't started retiring them yet.

Here's a brief video on the Pacer showing the contrast in our rail network:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucA5xIgjZBc
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote