View Single Post
Old 14-08-11, 07:37 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: My AR Experience (part 1)

Friday (part 2)

The morning brings that bright airy feel you can only get when waking in a tent with the sun shining down on it, grateful for the flask I made up last night I have a brew and a fag, now the next problem; walking; in need of that early morning wee, I’m not going to make the long walk around the field, so I’ll have to brave the style over the wall, brace done up tight with wash kit in hand I set off on my assault course climb.

Sometime later I get back, my small meths burner providing me with a fresh brew, the consensus is a breakfast at the little chef down the road is called for, so we’re off down there.

After breakfast and Ollie had put out his signs, we get the ETA on Chris’s van and the stuff to be setup, fortunately it’s a beautiful day, the sun is shining and all’s right with the world.
The van turns up, followed closely by two lovely ladies on bikes which obviously has my full attention .

The unpack begins, and all those about are drafted in to help, Lou and Gemma move all the food around to the room Lou had secured for it’s storage and sticks most in the freezer, whilst the rest erect the marquee, Dave was both a good standin for a step ladder as well as a perfect modelling perch for Maria , tables setup and the greeting table all ready to go (after a couple of trips across the field mind), and it’s all ready to go.

People start arriving and it’s finally decided Dave’s bike with a sign on will get people to use the right gate into the field, the slick welcome process is working well, from the glow stick bracelets to the food vouchers and taking of sheckles, people are ticked off throughout the day as more than a few familiar faces turn up and pitch there tents, an empty field soon fills with Orgers.

At about 8pm I shoot off and grab some fish & chips, it’s great walking around the field chatting with those I haven’t seen in a while, have a beer and generally chill out, not a heavy night as the rideout is tomorrow.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 14-08-11 at 07:40 PM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote