View Single Post
Old 15-09-19, 07:37 AM   #8
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help out a newbie??...

^ I've got both. Autoaid recovery. Covers me in whatever vehicle and my wife too. For about £50 a year. So I'm covered on the bike, in van or family car.

You can wait a long time for recovery though. In the cold of winter, I'd rather know I can get a puncture sorted enough to get me somewhere warmer instead of freeze for a few hours. Last call out I had we waited 2 hours and that was even though they knew I had a child with me on a main road. If you're a bloke on your own expect to be bumped right down the list of priorites for most recovery companies.

I'd also recommend going with someone who puts each job out to tender instead of having their own vehicles (ie. not RAC , AA) as it means recovery companies trying the get the work respond and turn up quicker to try and secure the work. Even then expect a wait though.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote