View Single Post
Old 20-08-07, 06:01 PM   #1
magical_mover

Default Started lessons today

Hi everyone

Well started the ball rolling today by booking in a quickie hour assessment/lesson this morning. The training centre i went to like to book you on this before the CBT so that they can suss you out.

I arrived at 9am this morning and was buddied up with a lady who wanted to learn to ride a moped

Felt sorry for her as she went flying towards the instructor on her first attempt and then ended up sending the bike one way whilst she slid under the instructors feet.

Filled me with confidence,......not!!!!!!

Thankfully i remained upright the whole time and got to get up to 3rd gear. Due to problems in having to train me on gears and the other lady on an automatic, they are going to give me another lesson for free...as I did spend quite a while hanging around whilst she picked up reattached layers of skin to her legs....

I then tried to sit on a 500 to see whether I would be ok for DAS (as far as leg length etc goes). mmm - tip toes a bit, so the instructor said A2 might be easier for me, but see how things go after the CBT.

So, I am still keen and have not been put off. Just all still seems quite scary thinking of everything at once and getting co-ordinated - hope it gets easier!!

Just feel a little impatient as i know it will take a while and I cant get much time off work...hope the weather holds for a few weeks/months lol