View Single Post
Old 11-11-05, 12:42 PM   #6
Stormspiel

My mum was 'taken out' my a merc on an 'A' road near guildford last june ( 26th i think) when riding pilion on her tboyfriends ZX12R. She spent 1 week in guildford hospital before she could be transferred to Barnsley general. She suffered a broken Tibia and Fibula in 3 places & broke 2 toes on her left leg/foot, Broke her right ankle in 2 places and 3 broken toes. Her right bum cheek muscle split in half and healed back oddly.

She has so far had 4 operations to rectify the damage:

1. Pin through Tibia from knee to ankle on day of accident
2. Ankle broken and reset after they failed to notice it broken on day of accident.
3. pin removed and tibia and fibula broken above original breaks and cgae thingy fitted to be tightened every day by variable amounts.
4. Cage removed in August this year.

She has found out this week that her left leg is a full inch shorter than her right after doctors again failed to check until now ( what's that 17 months) She will have to have special insoles made to alter height ( i.e. shave as much off right as possible and build left up to make 1 inch difference) She has to have physio every week for the forseeable future and will not be getting a settlement anytime soon (although she has just had a second interim payment of £10,000).

The driver of the Merc had been reported as overtaking on the hard shoulder 5 minutes prior to pulling a u-turn on the road into path of them by no less than 4 witness statements. Whats he get ..... slapped wrists and a new merc.

The law sucks

Hope you get what your owed mate, Insurance dealers are just above bank robbers and murderers, and i do mean JUST.