View Single Post
Old 13-05-11, 06:19 AM   #3
davepreston

Default Re: SV1000 vs. SV650 Weight/Balance Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly View Post
Nice dilemma to have but need some advice please.

So, from those who have ridden both SV1000 and SV650, is there much difference in the weight and balance? My main concerns are pushing it around my yard and garage and slow-speed riding/filtering balance. Is the SV1000 a cumbersome beast or light on it's feet like the SV650?
weighs more but not ridiculasly so, filtering is slightly harder or i should say more attention needy due to the engine not likeing doing under 30, but thats nothing to do with the handling, its just eager to get shifting (idle in first is about 25 mph)
dont be under the illussion it will handle like the 650, the 650 is unbeliveably chuckable and the thou handles well but not as well, but it is a far faster bigger bike which loves a good thrashing, i loved mine (wife nicked it now) and would buy another tomorrow
test ride any sv thou before hand at a dealer to see if you can push pull handball it about and if you like the balance etc, if you do go with the cash to private seller and test ride it to make sure its on the money mechanicly
and buy the future love of your life

Last edited by davepreston; 13-05-11 at 06:21 AM.