Thread: Bikeshuttle
View Single Post
Old 12-12-17, 05:17 PM   #1
Stilo

Default Bikeshuttle

Sorry admin I am not sure where this should be posted so would appreciate you moving it to the correct section

We have for many years been attending European MotoGPs, sometimes flying but usually riding. With the exception of Aragon we have been to all of them, most 2 or 3 times each. For 2018 we have decided to go to Mugello again, we have ridden there before and there are some great roads getting there and in and around Tuscany and the west coast of Italy but we are fed up with the drag down to Dover and through France so we decided to look for alternatives and came across Bikeshuttle www.bikeshuttle.co.uk. Their UK base is near Towcester (only 10 miles from me), through the summer they have weekly runs to Geneva and Toulouse. Basically you drop your bike and riding gear off with them on a Thursday morning, you can either then use their minibus or, in our case get the wife, to take you to Luton Airport. Easyjet fly to both locations on a Thursday evening. They have arrangements with local hotels which the bikes are delivered to on the Friday morning. The next week you drop the bike off at the same hotel on the Friday morning and get a flight back to Luton. The bikes are back at Towcester the next day (Saturday). It is costing us £500 per bike, its cheaper without panniers, and I got flights in and out of Geneva for £22 each way. By the time you have taken in fuel, ferry costs, hotels, toll charges etc we reckon the costs should be similar. As well as cutting out the motorway miles there is the added benefit of saving a couple of days each way, you fellow married men will know where I am coming from!
We go the 1st week in June and I will update the post on what the service was like.