View Single Post
Old 18-07-19, 02:18 PM   #13
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Cadwell or Donny, 20th August

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post
Wow, who was the organizer, No Limits? I've done one evening once, which was at Cadwell, it went fine and as it was a rare open pitlane and undersubscribed, we actually got quite a few sessions in (20mins on/20mins off). How many times have you ridden there? The novices can be very slow there I find, as it's a technical track and a lot of the bends are blind. Inters can be the usual mixture or people who know what a racing line is, and nutjobs, but most of the time I've found the standard of riding to be not too bad. I think there are a lot of regulars. Not been for a few years now so looking forward to it. I always take a couple of sessions to loosen up (I'm for ever being left behind in sighting and having to gun it down the straights, they do go off a bit quick for 9am though). I then get faster as the day goes on, whereas some people seem to go off like a scalded cat from the first session.
It was MSVT. Maybe it was a big emergency and they didn't want to announce the circumstances to all their punters, but I suspect not! I'm probably being abit harsh because so many major routes were closed on the way home and it was ****ing it down - took almost 3 hours. I was out of the house 9 hours and got 2 15 minute sessions

Yep, I'm definitely a gently gently approach! I've ridden there thrice, once years ago and I had real trouble getting my head around the track. Then I swapped bike for a few years and was actually doing very little mileage so I'm much slower than I was. I've come back to the SV this year so did a Novice only day at the start of July - that was a bit of a larf ; I was worried having ridden it before I wouldn't qualify as a novice...I'd say about 80-90% of the participants were on track bikes, with racing slicks, tyre warmers full lot. I was passing the other road going bikes and keeping up with the occasional track bike on that one. And then I've done the two sessions last night - which felt good I was scraping my pegs on the tight right handers and keeping up with the smaller track bikes and passing a few.