View Single Post
Old 31-12-17, 06:05 AM   #8
stinkerbill

Default Re: SV650s curvy (preferably silver)

Oh, I don’t disagree, that Desmo is a thing of beauty

The 750 SS is a pretty thing too... made even better with Kiera Knightley riding it, I guess.

I’m not really going for an authentic period job though.

References for me would be...

- Roland Sands' R90 Concept - perfect take on 'modern retro' i think
- The Yamaha MT0S - not so much an obvious 'retro' but there's certainly influences there... and it's stunning.
- BMW's R nineT Racer... which I think is achingly beautiful from any angle - a rare thing for any bike (painful to ride though!)
- The current Triumph Thruxton R - love the simplicity of this grey version - sort of a 'gentlemanly racer'
- 1985 Yamaha FZ750 - in this particular trim - I think it's the brutal styling, the squared tail and heavy black wheels and engine I like
- Any number of retro faired racers - there's so many bits I like about so many individual bikes.

I like different influences from different eras, but the above 'quick-and-dirty' mock-up is just a first step making simple modifications to the existing bike, using easily available 'add-on' parts and without making permanent alterations or having to fabricate anything.

I love to make my own fairing and seat unit (or retrofit something from other bikes) maybe with a retro-modern twist, but I'll to find a lot of time to learn a LOT before I can do what I'd really like to do... or find enough money to have someone do it for me!

Last edited by stinkerbill; 31-12-17 at 06:44 AM.
stinkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote